Sunday 9 November 2008

We have now added an RSS Feed

I have decided to add an RSS feed link to the website, this way you can get informed when the website has been updated. As you might have noticed the website http://www.dentonmanchester.co.uk/ is not being updated that regularly, it is easier for you with this RSS feed rather than for you to keep visiting the website when nothing has been added.

The reason the website is not being updated is due to its audience yes you. Anyone who lives around Denton could pick up a camera take some photographs and then upload them here or email them to me. If you don’t live local like myself I now live in North Wales you could either upload some old photographs/postcards/newspaper clippings etc of Denton and Haughton Green.

Most people will also have family and friends that live/lived in the area, may be you could also ask them to browse through their photo's incase they have anything that could be uploaded. If you do not own a scanner or you do not know someone with one, please email me and I will do my best to get it sorted.

Thank you for everyone that has been bothered to upload scans I really do appreciate them. I hope that I will be adding more images before Christmas that is if I can get to the Christmas lights turn on tomorrow. Hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable Bonfire Night, do they still have the bonfire and fireworks on Stockport playing fields? I use to look forward to it when I was younger… Another quick ramble is that for the first time since I move to North Wales, which is around 10 years I will be spending Christmas Day back in Denton.

Paul Richardson

http://www.dentonmanchester.co.uk

No comments: