Wednesday 14 October 2009

Latest Denton Manchester News...

Christmas lights in Denton will be switched on Monday, 9th November 2009. Hopefully I will be there but just incase I'm not can someone please take some photographs or possibly Video so I can add them to the website I would be greatful. The location for the event will be at Denton Town Hall at 18:00 admission is free. The event will include the switch on, Father Christmas, live entertainment and a firework display. Please make it if you can, for more information on other Christmas Lights switch on in Tameside visit: Tameside Christmas Lights Switch on 2009


"Stockport Road Playing Fields" was renamed to "Martin Fields Football Facility" in July 2009 the new site cost £1.2m which was funded by both Tameside Council and the Football Foundation. The new site includes natural and artificial turf pitches there's a changing pavilion and car park which will be managed by Denton Youth FC.. Could anyone upload some photographs of the new ground: Upload Here
A commemorative plaque, in tribute to the late councillor Martin Wareing nicked named "Mr Denton" was unveiled at the site on the 9th October 2009. A leaflet with information on Mr Denton can be viewed Here




Denton FC Information:

Denton Youth FC : Denton Town FC


Denton Community College...



Above is an artist impression of what the college will look like, the college's website has been opened but theres not a lot on it yet. For those that don't know the site of the college is being buit on Edgerton Park's Playing fields, Edgerton Park and Two Trees School are closing and merging into the new college or something like that. To me this seems strange, why do this? If its to be named a college then why not open a normal college for people that have left school. The nearest college is either Ashton or Stockport both of which I have been a student off for a couple of years at each and highly reccommend both. Anyway these are just my personal views on the matter, why are they closing both schools anyway?, I'll have a look into this when I get a bit of time.

Below are a few links that will give you some more information:
Denton Community College Official Website
Denton Community College Prospectus 2010
Denton Community College Summer 2009 Newsletter

Other Denton Related Websites:
Tameside Council Twitter Page
Tameside 60 Secs News

Hopefully the website will be updated very soon I should be there over the Christmas holidays and there for the Christmas lights next month. If you have anything to add to the website images etc please upload or email them to me. The website isn't getting updating as much as it should, I live in North Wales so I can't just pop there and take a few photographs when I feel like it. I need the people that use the website to send me stuff, new photos, old photos, postcards, videos, newspaper cuttings anything really to do with Denton and don't forget Haughton Green...

Thanks for reading enjoy the website,


Paul Richardson

No comments: